Kerberos: Principal may not act as server ERROR

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 5 04:27:21 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 14:42 -0400, Aggarwal, Ajay wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> We updated to the latest GIT tree, compiled and reinstalled. But we still see the exact same error meesages.

The error message about 'unable to act as a server' for Administrator
can be overridden by adding any servicePrincipalName to the
administrator user.  Clearly I will have to deactivate this additional
security restriction by default.  Please file a bug so that I remember.

As to the other messages, perhaps set the dnsHostName manually on the
record, and see if it helps.  Clearly we need to figure out why it's not
working 'out of the box', but this might help in the meantime.  Also
file a bug on this.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.