[RFC] Get rid of --enable-merged ?

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Tue Apr 27 10:13:59 MDT 2010

Hi Jelmer,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 01:58:30PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> The merged build that we introduced as part of the Franky effort was an
> interesting idea but I wonder if we should get rid of it.

No, no way. The broken and ugly it is sometimes, the current way of how
test driven development and all work on the merged/shared codebase in
Samba is going, we (or at least I) *absolutely* need the ability to build
smbtorture4 right from source3.

Once we have a better replacement using waf around, we can get rid of it,
I think. If someone really is too annoyed by it being enabled by default
for all devel builds, we can disable it by default maybe.

Thanks,
Guenther

--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org