Rebranding moving code around.

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Apr 23 03:15:31 MDT 2010

Volker Lendecke schrieb:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:50:16AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> But one of the problems I see is that we don't use the same messaging
>> code yet and source4 components can't talk to source3 components via
>> messaging.
>
> What messages do you have in mind here? And, finding a
> common messaging infrastructure should be possible.

Nothing special and it might not be strictly needed "now", but I guess
a lot of things would be much easier to archive, commands like
smbcontrol and I guess it might also help with my goal of a common
dcerpc server infrastructure.

As a site effect it might turn out that linking all of source3/smbd (and
 its dependencies) would link fine into samba4's 'samba' binary, without
symbol conflicts (the same might apply to source3/winbind).

metze