Rebranding moving code around.

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Apr 22 05:55:48 MDT 2010

Jeremy Allison schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> In line with the rebranding strategy we spoke about
> in the last blog, here is a git tree that moves the
> S3 fileserver code from source3/ to fileserver/ and
> the winbindd code to authserver/.
>
> http://git.samba.org/?p=jra/samba/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/shuffle
>
> You still build out of source3/ and source4, as normal,
> but this is a move towards creating the new samba-fileserver,
> samba-authserver and samba-ad packages we'll need to do
> an official Samba4.0 release.
>
> Metze, Simo and others, can you take a look at these
> changes and let me know if this is pushable, or if
> not what else needs to be done.

I think moving source3/smbd/*.c directly under fileserver/
is wrong. (maybe smb_server/ would be a better name than fileserver/).

And moving source3/winbindd/* directly under authserver/ also feel
wrong. (I also think auth_server/ would be better than authserver/).

If we move code I'd also do this in smaller steps, moving only one
directory at a time. We should also discuss the desired final layout
first.

In general I'd prefer to not move stuff around until we have too,
but I'm not also not strictly against it.

metze