Rebranding moving code around.

Thu Apr 22 21:57:01 MDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 08:27:23PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I know that's what tridge wants to do. I'm not clever
> enough to do that :-). My personal feeling is that changing
> the current Samba3 fileserver (renamed just fileserver) to
> use the Samba4 (renamed Samba-ad) directory services as separate
> processes using IPC is the way to go.

Having them united under the same architectural umbrella is
probably a worthwile long-term goal. But the Samba3 smbd is
still years away from being able to achieve that goal. As an
intermediate solution, I also think that using the standard
protocols for IPC between s3 and s4 is the way to go:
SMB[1,2], LDAP, MSRPC and so on.

Just my 2ct,

Volker