samba for Northrop Grumman

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 12 17:23:21 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 15:59 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:16:08AM -0500, Speight, Julie M (IS) wrote:
> > Hi, We are a program with Northrop Grumman and need to bring samba into
> > a our work area.  For company records, we need a physical street address
> > for our security team in order to bring samba into our enviroment.  Can
> > you pls contact Adrian and myself with this info?  Thank you,
>
> Historically we've used tridge's home address for this :-).
> But I don't think that's a good idea to post on list.
> You could also use IBM, or CISCO, or SerNet, or Google's street
> address, as Samba developers work at all these places.

Yes, if Samba is really important do your work, then perhaps engage one
of the above to provide support services, and then use their address?
For example, if you installed Samba as part of RHEL, then Red Hat's
address would be the right one to use.

> Which would you prefer ?

Otherwise, the Software Freedom Conservancy is a better address to use.

http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/about/contact/

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.