Patch: Better integration with GAMIN.

Mon Apr 12 13:56:14 MDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:47:43PM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:
> This is a minor change to make GAMIN more efficient when used with samba.
>
> I couldn't find another #define to use other than the header guard.  I
> consider it ugly, but I couldn't find another way to conditionalize
> code.
>
> If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Would an autoconf check for FAMNoExists also work for you?
Along the lines of the existing FAM check in configure.in,
just as an example:

        AC_TRY_COMPILE([#include <fam.h>],
                    [enum FAMCodes code = FAMChanged;],
                    AC_DEFINE(HAVE_FAM_H_FAMCODES_TYPEDEF, 1,
                        [Whether fam.h contains a typedef for enum FAMCodes]),
                    [])

You might want to adapt that to your needs...

Thanks,

Volker