[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Apr 10 22:40:15 MDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-10 at 16:04 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi Jelmer!
>
> I wrote this patch using instructions by abartlet. He might has overseen
> this.

> > I'm not too familiar with this code, but I'm wondering - does running
> > the ldapi test with -U make sense, don't we just use the socket
> > permissions?

Samba4 does not honour any 'socket permissions' for ldapi - it's just
like LDAP over TCP.

The only exception is the 'privileged ldap socket' hack Volker added for
his Franky work (not used or tested here).

What actually makes no sense is doing these LDAP tests anonymously - we
will soon deny anonymous access to our LDAP server.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.