proposal: merge waf build of s4 to master

Tue Apr 6 23:01:28 MDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 08:30:52AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Also, doesn't it mean we can't use any 'pure python' rules?
>
> And given the earlier concern about debug-ability, don't we just make
> the failure cases (which seem only ever happen on customer sites...)
> harder to track down, as we debug a 5000 line generated makefile?
>
> Is that really better for everyone than just shipping
> samba-with-python.tar.gz?

At a higher level -- it is just wrong to require a
programming language that downloads with eleven (!)
compressed Megabytes from python.org to do the same job as
the build system does now. Eleven Megabytes! That is just a
HUGE bloat for a simple make.

Volker