[IPA] Storing SID in String Format

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 13:58:50 MDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the long pause after our last conversation. I've been
working on several proposals which are quite related to each other.

The first one that I want to discuss with you is about storing
SID in string format:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Samba_4_Storing_SID_in_String_Format

That is a prerequisite for utilizing DNA plugin for SID allocation:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Samba_4_SID_Allocation_using_DNA_Plugin

And just so you know, I'm also looking for a way to resolve the
conflicts between AD schema and standard LDAP schema:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Samba_4_Attribute_Type_Mapping

That is a prerequisite for deploying Samba into an existing FDS
instance which contains standard LDAP schema:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Samba_4_Provisioning_Existing_DS_Instance

Also, the FDS support is currently still not working because there
are still some issues related to SASL and schema. I'm working with
the DS team to get this fixed by DS 1.2.3. Here's some info about it:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Samba_4_Authentication_Using_SASL

So for now I'd like to get your opinion about the first proposal.
Is this pretty much in line with what we've discussed before?

Thanks!

--
Endi S. Dewata