pidl facillitates illicit data sharing between idl files

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Tue Sep 29 02:48:27 MDT 2009

If I add a definition such as this, to my pidl file:

	typedef struct DATA_BLOB {
		uint8 *data;
		uint32 length;
	} DATA_BLOB;

And "make", then everything is fine.

If I "make clean ; make" then winsrepl.h has problems;

the "struct wrepl_packet" has member:
   struct DATA_BLOB padding;/* [flag(LIBNDR_FLAG_REMAINING)] */
instead of
   DATA_BLOB padding;/* [flag(LIBNDR_FLAG_REMAINING)] */

For my own benefit I just renamed by struct to avoid the collision, but
I believe it is not intentional that one IDL file should cross-infect
another in this way - or have I mis-understood?

Sam