Patch: smb_traffic_analyzer: marshalling data to send

Holger Hetterich hhetter at novell.com
Tue Sep 22 12:28:49 MDT 2009

Hi,

"The format of data we are sending over the network will be flexible
 when sending over the network in protocol v2. To be able to do this,
 we create a new va-list function that is creating the buffer to send. Also it
 makes it easier for the receiver to parse the data; it sends an initial
 header containing the full length of the buffer to be send. For the
 individual strings, it sends sub headers containing the length of the
 upcoming substring to be send. With the header-data-header-data [..]
 structure we don't need to quote the sub strings finally enabling
 having all possible character sets in filenames etc..

In the sending function, implement mkdir to actually send it's data
for testing."

Patch attached created for 3-5-test, there it should go.

Please review and push if positive.

Thanks,
Holger

--