[Patch] Make samba4 return a correct Supported Encryption

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mwallnoefer at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 11 03:07:17 MDT 2009

Matthieu,

to be honest, I find my reworked version now very clear. We ask for the attributes where we need them. Sure, we'd have some small speedup (one lookup less) but if you consider the LDB modules  - also they often have more lookups than really needed. More lookups generally means to be more clear in design.

The other point is (like Andrew mentioned) that the design of this call still isn't completed fully yet. There is missing the "dNSDomainName" and "servicePrincipalName" handling (maybe some more checks, also the "samldb" module will be enhanced).

So if you really want this patch in - please repost it after the final design.

Matthias