cloning a virtual Win2K3 PDC

Klaus Heinrich Kiwi klausk at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 1 12:01:18 MDT 2009

On 09/01/2009 10:36 AM, Crístian Viana wrote:

> my question is what should I do after copying the image files, from the
> original Windows to the "cloned" Windows, to be able to put them on the same
> AD? I can only remember of changing its name and IP address, but I don't
> know if there's something else I should be careful in this context.

there are probably a lot of other things conflicting when you directly
copy instances of the same virtual machine. I'd stay on the safe side
and reinstall the whole thing again for the second instance.

  -Klaus

--
Klaus Heinrich Kiwi | klausk at br.ibm.com | http://blog.klauskiwi.com
Open Source Security blog : 	http://www.ratliff.net/blog