[IPA] Attribute Linking and Indexing

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 14 18:10:12 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 17:33 -0400, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for the advices. It seems that some of my problems were caused by
> unstable environment (it happened before). After I rebuilt my environment
> things work more consistently and I'm able to produce the patches (see
> attachments) and merged them with the latest revision.
>
> The first patch is for replacing LDB module with FDS plugins to do
> attribute linking and referential integrity when FDS is used as backend.
>
> The second patch is for fixing a problem reading the bind DN from secrets
> database. This is needed to provision FDS using the right credentials.
>
> The third patch is for fixing a segmentation fault caused by a dangling
> pointer created when adding a control into an LDB request. The solution
> was suggested by Andrew and reviewed by Simo.
>
> The fourth patch is for fixing a problem modifying the root entry caused
> by invalid creationTime format.
>
> dn: DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com
> creationTime: 1.25554756e+16
>
> The fifth patch is for fixing a problem adding a configuration entry
> into a member server because the 'configuration' object class is not
> in the list of possible inferiors of 'samba4LocalDomain'.
>
> dn: CN=LOCALMEMBER3
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: samba4LocalDomain
> objectClass: extensibleObject
>
> dn: CN=Configuration,CN=LOCALMEMBER3
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: configuration

This is the wrong way to fix it - we should keep the checking.
Fortunately I fixed this the right way a couple of days ago, by removing
the experiment that way samba4LocalDomain.  All domains are now
dnsDomain, so this isn't required.

> Please let me know if these are the right solutions. I'm still running
> some tests, but so far it seems to be working. Thanks!

Other than that (which I mention only to avoid the incorrect approach being merged), these look great!

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.