Samba PDC

Fri Oct 9 05:50:52 MDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 05:14:57PM +0530, anjan.prasad at wipro.com wrote:
> Would like to know what are the protocols used to
> authenticate Windows XP with Samba PDC. Like, specifically
> wants to know how the communication channel works when
> authenticating windows xp with Samba PDC.

The most important one is the NETLOGON rpc interface
described in

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc237008(PROT.13).aspx

Be aware that this is only the tip of an iceberg with RPC,
authenticated RPC, that on top of SMB and so on is.

Without those docs it took us years to get it almost right,
and we are still busy fixing bugs in our implementation of
that.

Volker