[SAMBA4] Schema objectGUID causing a problem with OpenLDAP backend

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 21:57:14 MST 2009

Andrew,

Thanks for merging my patches. I'm trying to test the latest code and found
a problem with OpenLDAP backend.

Please take a look at this revision:

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=0238147a855c65ea0a81b0a945ae8ffd9b260c75

Here a random objectGUID is generated for each schema record. This attribute
will be mapped into entryUUID by the schema mapping. When it's added into
OpenLDAP it will be rejected with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup/provision", line 213, in <module>
    nosync=opts.nosync,ldap_dryrun_mode=opts.ldap_dryrun_mode)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1298, in provision
    dom_for_fun_level=dom_for_fun_level)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1009, in setup_samdb
    samdb.add_ldif(schema.schema_data, controls=["relax:0"])
  File "bin/python/samba/__init__.py", line 251, in add_ldif
    self.add(msg,controls)
_ldb.LdbError: (19, 'LDAP error 19 LDAP_CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION -  <entryUUID: no user modification allowed> <>')

How should this be fixed? The problem doesn't happen with FDS backend.

Thanks.

--
Endi S. Dewata