splitting up commits

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Nov 17 19:08:33 MST 2009

Hi Matthias,

I noticed this commit from you today:

 commit c4a70550b3022e75b799eaa56477e8deaff34913
 Author: Matthias Dieter Walln fer <mwallnoefer at yahoo.de>
 Date:   Tue Nov 17 18:45:17 2009 +0100

    s4:SAMLDB DSDB module - Remove "\n" in LDB error messages

    abartlet suggested me to not use anymore "\n"s in those kind of outputs.
    Plus, enhance a search filter to consider also "builtinDomain" objects which
    are basically domain objects too.

I think we've mentioned before that it is good to split up commits
that do separate things into separate commits.

I wonder if you know about the "git add --patch" command? I used to
find splitting up commits a pain until someone showed me that
command. It allows you to trivially break up your commits into logical
pieces. Give it a try and you should find it much easier to split up
patches.

Cheers, Tridge