Improved RPC-DSSYNC

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:04:07 MST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 14:07, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> In addition to my unit tests, the dsdb-dn branch now also contains a
> revived RPC-DSSYNC test that loads the schema from the remote server and
> uses that to pull all the attributes into the LDAP format.  We then
> verify that the pull was correct by comparison against the LDAP server
> on the remote host.

Sounds great!

> However, currently the test is too slow to enable by default (it does
> pass against Windows and Samba), partly because it tries to verify the
> attribute IDs for every object.

I've committed a patch for that (I wanted to enable DSSYNC test in 'make test',
and it was really slow)
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/commit/9966595ac1a185b87f47ebd8ce3f651755060d34

> However, as far as I can see in _drs_util_verify_attids(), the only
> verification is done by eye - not by software.  Could we remove this
> part of the test, now we actually use the remote schema?

Main purpose of _drs_util_verify_attids() is to verify decoded OID
is real one - i.e. decoding ATTID based on drsuapi_prefixMap leads
to an OID that actually exists.
So please, don't remove it.
The cache i've implemented lowers execution time significantly.

CU,
Kamen Mazdrashki
kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git