[Samba] Daylight savings crashed winbindd

Piotr Buliński bulinskp at iem.pw.edu.pl
Mon Mar 30 12:41:33 GMT 2009

On 2009-03-30, at 12:11, Mark Adams wrote:

> I have my suspicions that this is a time sync issue, but it is
> crashing
> instead of showing the normal clock skew message. Are you sure your
> clocks are in sync between Linux and SBS? I am using
> "time.windows.com"
> with ntp, and until daylight savings this has been working fine.

For now they are. But I just recall that I have some problems with
time synchronization in my LAN last time.
I've fixed them and we will see how things will go.

Is there some skew acceptable limit? Clocks on FreeBSD and Win SBS
were about 3 minutes from each other, so this really could be the
problem.

On 2009-03-30, at 12:00, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:37:21AM +0200, Piotr Buliński wrote:
>> Mar 28 09:41:00 matrix winbindd[66965]:    #7 0x380109
>> <ads_do_search_all_args+105> at /usr/local/sbin/winbindd
>> Mar 28 09:41:00 matrix winbindd[66965]:    #8 0x38bf3c <ads_atype_map
>> +524> at /usr/local/sbin/winbindd
>
> It panics with assert (signal 6) in ads_atype_map??? That's
> weird.
>
> Can you do the following:
>
> panic action = /bin/sleep 999999
>
> When it paniced, please attach to the crashed process with
> gdb and send the output of "bt full".
>
> If possible, please compile with --enable-debug=yes

That could be problem for now. This is some kind of production
environment in my company, so I can't work with this problem during
working hours.
For now I just check every minute if samba crash and restart it as
soon as possible, but this is a very bad solution.
Is there any possibility to make the gdb attachment process in some
way automatic (i'm not familiar with gdb), that it would create a dump
of all necessary data to file?
If not, I'll wait for this weekend to do some testing (maybe during
that time I'll try to learn how GNU Debugger works and how to use
it ;-)).

To sum up. I'll see if clock synchronization will help. If not, I'll
try to do some deeper debugging.

Thanks for your replies.
I'll give you feedback as soon as I'll know something more.
Greetings from Poland :-)
--
Piotr Buliński