Permission denied errors in Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 20 06:39:29 GMT 2009

Matthieu,

I just wanted to give you a heads-up that we have a fix for this issue
(a hook to correct the UID that semi-async calls run as) in Samba4's
master tree, and are just chasing down some final details.  I'll let you
know when we have a new tree for you to test.

Naturally, running as the wrong UID is a very bad thing, and I thank you
very much for your persistence in finding and reporting it.

Once we are confident that it is stable, we will cut another alpha, so
others testing Samba4 can avoid this nasty issue.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.