Setting 'nTSecurityDescriptor' via LDAP fails

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Mar 17 14:23:30 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 16:04 +0200, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> Hi Simo,
> Could you elaborate a bit? Where do we set the handler? The problem
> concerns the Ldb python class that is used in tests and provisioning
> and is in the C code of the binding. At that particular place
> (puldb.c:1276), the data type is not checked, only if we check for
> single or multi-valued attribute...

I was commenting on the supposed LDB problem, the bug you find in the
python code is real.

Now I checked in ldb and indeed in source4/lib/ldb-samba/ldif_handlers.c
ntSecurityDescriptor is marked as LDB_SYNTAX_SAMBA_SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR

This should make internal handling of it "correct".

So if you still see bugs where strlen is used instead of data.length I'd
like to know if you can make a very simple reproducible case to
investigate where this bug might be.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce