openldap mmr/olc-provision-backend-tests

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Mar 9 14:56:57 GMT 2009

Oliver Liebel wrote:
>> What we are missing at the moment however are tests.  We need to detect
>> in configure if we have the right version of OpenLDAP,
> yes. maybe we can start with the slapd-path as a configure-script-option,
> (e.g. --with-slapd=/usr/local/libexec/)

Shouldn't that be the executable itself?

--with-slapd=/usr/local/libexec/slapd

> and a verification of slapd -V - output ( >=2.4.15)

Note that this will not work with RE24 builds from CVS. See version
number 2.4.x of my local test build:

# /opt/openldap-RE24/libexec/slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.X (Mar  6 2009 02:18:57) $
        michael at nb2:/usr/src/OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4/openldap/servers/slapd

Ciao, Michael.