openldap mmr/olc-provision-backend-tests

Oliver Liebel oliver at itc.li
Sat Mar 7 12:34:19 GMT 2009

hi andrew,

to catch up our last mailings:

> What we are missing at the moment however are tests.  We need to detect
> in configure if we have the right version of OpenLDAP,
yes. maybe we can start with the slapd-path as a configure-script-option,
(e.g. --with-slapd=/usr/local/libexec/)
and a verification of slapd -V - output ( >=2.4.15)

> and to then to do a provision-backend (at the very least) as part of
> 'make test'.   As the
> saying goes: untested code is broken code (and if not broken now, it
> will break as time moves forward)
>
> Andrew Bartlett
yes, thats surely right.
can you please give me a hint, how to implement this
a part of "make test"?
where (what files) would be the right point to start?

greetings
oliver