Help needed: cleaning up wbinfo

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Sun Jun 21 07:55:37 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

while working on libwbclient support for s4, I've again stumbled over the fact
that the wbinfo sources in s3 and s4 are almost, but not quite compatible.
The biggest culprit to me seems to be the fact that wbinfo uses lp_
functions, and those have a different API in s3 and s4.

Now, as wbinfo is full of comments like
/* HACK: (this module should not call lp_ funtions) */
I just started killing off all the lp_ calls. Mostly it's just not returning a
reply if winbindd is not around. But in wbinfo_auth_crap we check for
lp_client_ntlmv2_auth, lp_client_lanman_auth and more. Is there any good way
to handle stuff like this without having to load smb.conf? Would it make
sense to ask winbindd if we should use ntlmv2 or the like?

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin