samba cluster and nmbd

Evgeny Privarotskiy pea1999 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 01:39:55 MDT 2009

Hi Michael,

Thanks for prompt reply.

1. Suppose that there is a need to support broadcast. In this case
nmbd should run only on one of the nodes (as you said). I am checking
the following solution. Nmbd has access to the list of Public IP's and
answers to name query requests using round robin among IP's. My
question is if this solution will be interesting to samba?

2. Regarding WINS. Do you mean manually register Public IP's in WINS
server? If I understand samba code correct, currently nmbd cannot
register several Public IP into WINS. Am I right?

Thanks in advance,
 Evgeny