[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha8-261-g431e63c

Tue Jul 7 11:11:30 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 05:42:12PM -0500, Tim Prouty wrote:
> commit e4a85da5708a08f06a50f4f6b95e22d0e148d85e
> Author: Tim Prouty <tprouty at samba.org>
> Date:   Tue Jun 30 16:41:48 2009 -0700
>
>     s3 onefs: Fix failure in POSIX smbtorture test
>
>     The return value of readlink was a bool instead of an int,
>     which caused the length of the returned value to never be
>     >1.

I've been thinking about the lack of compiler checking in
the VFS for a while now. Would it make sense to rewrite the
VFS so that every module has to fill in the functions into a
typed struct? I think one of the reasons why the VFS exists
as it is now was the pain to fill large almost-empty struct.
With the C99 style initializers that pain has gone now.

Volker