Problem with ReadAndX

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Jan 21 15:06:03 GMT 2009

I don't see much reason to implement LM1.2X002 unless you are planning on
supporting very old OSes.  Windows 95, Windows NT 3.51, and all later OS
Windows version support the NT LM 0.12 dialect, which is still in use today.
 The only newer dialect is SMB2 which appeared in Vista.

...and as Volker asked, what version of Samba are you "enhancing"?  Samba
has supported long file names for a long time.

Are you actually enhancing Samba, or are you enhancing your own product that
implements the same protocols supported by Samba?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org