Samba 3.0.32 - internal change notify "legacy" mechanism

Mon Jan 19 16:56:51 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 06:43:16PM +0200, Dina Fine wrote:

> But other fixes are important and contain a fix to segmentation
> violation and also trigger change notify reply for general notifications
> on the directory. And must be applied to make the vfs notify work.

Well, so far it is illegal for a module to pass NULL as a
path in struct notify_event. So the segfault you point out
only happens with your module if I'm right. Or have you seen
this segfault also with the inotify and fam modules?

Okay, you're working on the 3.0 code base. The code base for
master is quite a bit off from that code. In master the
potential segfault is already fixed.

Can you please re-post the change in the API patch as a git
format-patch formatted patch against master separately?

Thanks,

Volker