Samba 3.0.32 - internal change notify "legacy" mechanism

Dina Fine dina at exanet.com
Mon Jan 19 16:43:16 GMT 2009

If you mean for that part:

+	const char **vfs_objects;
+
+	/*
+	* Exanet (2008), Dina: no need to use tdb notification mechanism
when
+	* notify hash vfs object is defined (Improves samba performance)
+	*/
+	vfs_objects = lp_vfs_objects(SNUM(conn));
+	if (vfs_objects) {
+		int i = 0;
+		while (vfs_objects[i]) {
+			if (strcmp(vfs_objects[i], "notify_hash") == 0)
{
+				return;
+			}
+			i++;
+		}
+	}
+
Than It can be removed. This is only a small optimization not even to
open the internal notify tdb file if we use vfs notify layer, but this
is not must.

But other fixes are important and contain a fix to segmentation
violation and also trigger change notify reply for general notifications
on the directory. And must be applied to make the vfs notify work.

Dina