more patches to ctdb

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Jan 16 16:47:55 GMT 2009

Hi Ronnie,

there are more patches in my ctdb repo master branch:

1. a typo fix in the ctdb.init skript
   the typo was introduced by me and makes the
   skript fail in certain situations.

2. The changes we discussed that make the 50.samba
   script handle (manage) samba correctly also
   on non-rhel systems (suse, ubuntu/debian)

   this introduces detect_init_style() in functions
   which is called in ctdb.init. ctdb.init then
   exports CTDB_INIT_STYLE.

   detect_init_style() is then invoked again in
   50.samba, but the function only redetects if
   CTDB_INIT_STYLE is not already set.

   This allows for even hard coding CTDB_INIT_STYLE
   in sysconfig.ctdb if necessary!

At least the first mentioned patch is needed for 1.0.70,
I would say. The others would be nice to have.

About the tags:

you can change a tag upstream this way locally:

1. git tag -d ctdb-1.0.70
2. git tag [-s] ctdb-1.0.70 [<HASH>]
3. git push sahlberg tag ctdb-1.0.70

This will replace the already pushed tag.

Cheers - Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>  <obnox at samba.org>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9