latest v4-0-test compilation report (Samba4/OpenChange)

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Feb 25 07:22:51 MST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 22:17 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 06:18 +0100, Julien Kerihuel wrote:
> > Below is a quick report of Samba4/OpenChange compilation issues
> > encountered with latest samba4 git v4-0-test.
> >
> > Samba4 compilation:
> > ===================
> > During tevent compilation, I encounter:
> >         tevent.h:34:36: error: ../lib/replace/replace.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > Replacing the include directive with ../../lib/replace/replace.h fixes
> > the building issue but reference to this file in the installed tevent.h
> > causes OpenChange compilation to fail. Once removed from installed
> > headers, everything is fine with it.
This appears to already've been fixed.

> > OpenChange compilation:
> > =======================
> > In file included from /usr/local/samba/include/gen_ndr/dcerpc.h:6,
> >                  from /usr/local/samba/include/dcerpc.h:32,
> >                  from ./libmapi/libmapi.h:49,
> >                  from libmapi/IABContainer.c:21:
> > /usr/local/samba/include/gen_ndr/misc.h:46: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘NTSTATUS’
> >
> > Changing from:
> >         #include <ndr.h>
> >         #include <gen_ndr/dcerpc.h>
> > to:
> >         #include <ndr.h>
> >         #include <gen_ndr/dcerpc.h>
> > in /usr/local/samba/include/dcerpc.h fixes the issue
>
> I can't see what you mean here (your from and to are the same).  In any
> case, what is the source of this file?
There is an include of <core/ntstatus.h> missing in libndr.h. I've fixed
this in git.

> > Pidl automatically defines _GNU_SOURCE for openchange pidl
> > auto-generated code but we already define it on our own in other header
> > files causing some warnings. Maybe something like the above in the
> > parser would prevent these warnings from showing up?
> >
> > #ifndef _GNU_SOURCE
> > #define _GNU_SOURCE
> > #endif
>
> Jelmer:  Is there any reason we can't do this?
I've fixed this in pidl. It's not being caused by openchange defining it
in one of its headers btw, as this is the first line in a C file
generated by pidl. OpenChange specifies -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 on the command
line, and that's what's triggering it.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org