latest v4-0-test compilation report (Samba4/OpenChange)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 25 04:17:06 MST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 06:18 +0100, Julien Kerihuel wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Below is a quick report of Samba4/OpenChange compilation issues
> encountered with latest samba4 git v4-0-test.
>
> Samba4 compilation:
> ===================
> During tevent compilation, I encounter:
>         tevent.h:34:36: error: ../lib/replace/replace.h: No such file or directory
>
> Replacing the include directive with ../../lib/replace/replace.h fixes
> the building issue but reference to this file in the installed tevent.h
> causes OpenChange compilation to fail. Once removed from installed
> headers, everything is fine with it.
>

> OpenChange compilation:
> =======================
> In file included from /usr/local/samba/include/gen_ndr/dcerpc.h:6,
>                  from /usr/local/samba/include/dcerpc.h:32,
>                  from ./libmapi/libmapi.h:49,
>                  from libmapi/IABContainer.c:21:
> /usr/local/samba/include/gen_ndr/misc.h:46: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘NTSTATUS’
>
> Changing from:
>         #include <ndr.h>
>         #include <gen_ndr/dcerpc.h>
> to:
>         #include <ndr.h>
>         #include <gen_ndr/dcerpc.h>
> in /usr/local/samba/include/dcerpc.h fixes the issue

I can't see what you mean here (your from and to are the same).  In any
case, what is the source of this file?

> Pidl automatically defines _GNU_SOURCE for openchange pidl
> auto-generated code but we already define it on our own in other header
> files causing some warnings. Maybe something like the above in the
> parser would prevent these warnings from showing up?
>
> #ifndef _GNU_SOURCE
> #define _GNU_SOURCE
> #endif

Jelmer:  Is there any reason we can't do this?

> Samba server:
> =============
>
> It would really be nice if tevent DEBUG strings for debuglevel == 5
> could be disabled. There are so many of them that it is only possible to
> run samba with -d4 -i -M single for debugging purpose:
>
> tevent: Ending timer event 0x97b9e38 "ltdb_callback"
> tevent: Added timed event "ltdb_callback": 0x97b9d30
> tevent: Added timed event "ltdb_timeout": 0x97b9df8
> tevent: Destroying timer event 0x97b9df8 "ltdb_timeout"
>

> Minor these small issues, latest samba4 seems to work fine with
> openchange. I currently have a small provisioning issue preventing from
> testing openchange server, but libmapi/mapitest and mapiproxy
> (transparent proxy with downgrade module) are OK.

Thanks!

I'll try (hopefully with some help) to get this fixed for the alpha
tomorrow.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.