olc-conversion update

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Feb 22 17:17:17 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 13:59 +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >  On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 10:04 +0100, Oliver Liebel wrote:
> >> i have tested and verified it. Howard told me, that this was fixed in 2.4.9
> >> and subsequently broken again in 2.4.13. he just fixed it again in CVS,
> >> and it will be fixed in 2.4.15.
> >
> > Any idea when 2.4.15 is due out,
>
> Judging from some postings on the mailing list it should be out during
> the next few days.

OK.

> > or if there are major distributions
> > that have packaged (and will stick to) 2.5.14?
>
> Many major distributions ship with ancient releases which should not be
> used anyway.

I've taken the time to look into this properly, and Fedora 11 will ship
with at least 2.4.14.  I'll enquire as to if the maintainer has any
intention to up this to 2.4.15 if it comes out in time.  (As RHEL6 is
presumably going to fork off Fedora 11, this is an important data
point).

Likewise, it seems Ubuntu jaunty is using 2.4.14.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.