[PATHC] nested ldb transactions

simo idra at samba.org
Sun Feb 22 00:39:55 MST 2009

Hi all,
attached find a patch that would make ldb transactions sane by allowing
nesting.

I have not committed it right away because it breaks make test.

Now, while it is late here and I may be totally drunk and not see the
evident :-), the only reason why this patch should break anything is
that transactions have already been used in a sort of nested way, but
not correctly.

The previous code erroneously committed/canceled any transaction the
first time ldb_transaction_commit() was called. That means that nested
transactions were basically broken as an inner transaction would commit
to the db even if an outer one was not finished.

Now, apparently, it may seem that something in the python/provisioning
code seem to depend on this broken semantic.

It's too late for me to chase it this night, but if someone wants to
give it a try and knows where this bug might be hiding, that would be
awesome.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce