[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha6-917-g8e19a28

Tim Prouty tprouty at samba.org
Sat Feb 21 14:26:15 MST 2009

On Feb 21, 2009, at 2:44 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:01:42PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:00:25PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>>
>>> How about changing the patch to call a new function
>>> create_token_from_username_nss() which just splits out
>>> the code paths from create_token_from_username() you
>>> actually use to do this ?
>>
>> I meant "duplicates" rather than "splits out" but
>> I hope you got my drift.

Duplicating the already complicated create_token_from_username is
still a temporary solution that is messy in a different way.  I would
prefer to not duplicate the function to avoid the future maintenance
burden of keeping the two functions in sync.  The real answer is that
this code path needs some serious love.

> Tim, Steve, do we have any updates on this patch? You're
> busy putting other stuff in, but the controversial patch is
> also still in.
>
> And, what about Jerry's comment that this functionality is
> already in with his user mapping changes.

It was necessary for us to do this above the wbc layer so the solution
could be wbc implementation agnostic.

> Can you please stop putting new stuff in before this is
> resolved?

It is clear that none of us are happy with this solution in its
current form, and doing this the right way is too big of a change for
us to spend the time on right now.  I'll revert the patch for now, and
put it on our list of things to work on in the upcoming months.

-Tim