[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha6-868-g5e5d2b2

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Sun Feb 15 12:06:15 MST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Timur I. Bakeyev <timur at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi, Derrell!
>
> Why don't you use statfs() instead? The patch for it for ages in the
> FreeBSD ports and in bugzilla, as I believe. It was promissed to be commited
> by ab in 2005, but still is nowhere...

Hi Timur. I made that decision for two reasons:

1. struct statfs does not contain a flags field, which was the key motivator
for adding this functionality. The goal was a way to return information such
as whether the file system provided capabilities: case sensitive, DFS,
and/or UNIX CIFS.

2. The Linux manual page for statvfs says, "LSB has deprecated the library
calls statfs() and fstatfs()  and  tells us to use statvfs(2) and
fstatvfs(2) instead."

Cheers,

Derrell