[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha6-868-g5e5d2b2

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Sat Feb 14 17:04:26 MST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Tim Prouty <tprouty at samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Derrell,
>
> Thanks for digging into to this to figure out the best solution.  I figured
> since you were using smbclient-specific flags, the semantic meaning of your
> statvfs struct was different from the posix description, and thus should be
> disambiguated with a different struct.  I agree with your points though, and
> appreciate the patches you have pushed to help deal with the quirky statvfs
> implementation on our system.  Unfortunately, the Isilon statvfs struct
> doesn't comply with the opengroup standard, as it was added to our kernel
> before FreeBSD had a statvfs implementation.  I expect that we will fix this
> in the future to comply with the standard.
>
> The patches you pushed this afternoon pretty much nailed down the areas
> where we diverge.  One request: would you be able to remove the #warnings?
>  To help identify simple bugs, we build with --enable-picky-developer on by
> default which adds -Werror.

Yup, I had put in the warnings to see (now that I know I need to manually go
look at the build farm) which operating systems these issues were cropping
up. I've just committed a patch that removes the warnings. They were never
intended to be permanent. It looks like the isilon-samba machine in the
build farm now has no complaints about this code except for the warning, so
it should soon build cleanly.

Just so I can see what we're really working with, would you please send me
what your "struct statvfs" looks like.

Thanks!

Derrell