[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha6-868-g5e5d2b2

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Sat Feb 14 08:48:40 MST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Tim Prouty <tprouty at samba.org> wrote:

>    s3 libsmbclient: Fix fstatvfs to be more portable
>
>    The statvfs struct isn't guaranteed to be portable across operating
>    systems.  Since libsmbclient isn't actually calling statvfs and just
>    using the statvfs struct to store similar information, this patch adds
>    a new portable smbc_statvfs struct.  This fixes a few of the failures
>    in the build farm introduced by:
>    ae259575c447e61665c8e7070c476914161b953f
>
>    Derrell, please check.

Hi Tim,

I changed this back to what I had originally, to see what was happening.
I've caught the errors you referenced in the Isilon FreeBSD server in the
build farm. It's indicating that you have a "struct statvfs" but that it
doesn't contain two of the fields we use. Would you please send me what your
statvfs structure looks like. I see that configure already determines
whether the f_frsize field exists and I can check for that, but it doesn't
check whether the f_flag field exists. I suspect we need to add a check for
that, and hopefully FreeBSD provides an equivalent field since that's the
key part of this new function.

Thanks,

Derrell