[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha6-868-g5e5d2b2

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Fri Feb 13 14:29:46 MST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Tim Prouty <tprouty at samba.org> wrote:

>    s3 libsmbclient: Fix fstatvfs to be more portable
>
>    The statvfs struct isn't guaranteed to be portable across operating
>    systems.  Since libsmbclient isn't actually calling statvfs and just
>    using the statvfs struct to store similar information, this patch adds
>    a new portable smbc_statvfs struct.  This fixes a few of the failures
>    in the build farm introduced by:
>    ae259575c447e61665c8e7070c476914161b953f

I never got any alerts that the build farm had troubles with my commits. The
build farm used to complain to the likely authors of offending code if there
was a problem. Has that gone away?

Tim, this is intended, specifically, to mirror the POSIX function, just as
libsmbclient does with smbc_stat() and "struct stat". I need to see what the
problem identified by the build farm is before I can comment further, but
adding an smbc_statvfs struct as part of the public interface is counter to
the way this library works everyplace else, so I'd really like to avoid
that. I'll look into it.

Derrell