Samba4 Full Activie Directory Schema

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 12 16:31:09 MST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 21:32 +0200, Ido Mandril wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I manage to run Samba4 with OpenLDAP as back-end server. Everything is
> working great.
> I would like to know if anyone manage to extended the default schema to
> include all Microsoft classes and attributes.
>
> I saw there is already a file in the source Dir which include all Microsoft
> schema attributes, but as far as i know it is not being used at the moment.
> I google it and saw a lot of work has already being done on this issue. This
> file itself has being generated form Microsoft open document.
>
> I manage to add my own class, but still can anyone tell when this file will
> be integrated into the system?

I'm currently needing to asses the questions:

 - Is this schema now full and correct? (we had a large number of issues
with it)
 - Are the conversion scripts correct?
 - Can we prove this correctness (need to fix up the previous schema
extraction tool - minschema.py - to test for identical output)
 - Does Samba work correctly with the full schema?

We tried to do this for the last alpha, but ran out of time.  We hope to
make the change soon, and release another alpha for users to test.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.