[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha6-806-gd8c54fd

Thu Feb 12 04:21:17 MST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 09:39:30PM -0600, Steven Danneman wrote:
> commit d8c54fddda2dba3cbc5fc13e93431b152813892e
> Author: Dan Sledz <dsledz at isilon.com>
> Date:   Tue Feb 10 15:50:39 2009 -0800
>
>     s3: Change behavior when seeing an unknown domain.
>
>     After a lot of testing against various Windows servers (W2K, W2K3, W2K8),
>     within an AD domain it seems that unknown domains will only be translated
>     to the local account domain, not the netbios name of the member server's
>     domain.  This makes samba act more like Windows.

This one has caused a great deal of discussion in the past.
I'm with you on the semantics, but at the point where this
was discussed I eventually gave up pushing it through. I
don't want to stir up old stories again, but all who had
stakes in this might want to speak up again.

And -- can you please next time make one reformatting patch
and one semantics changing patch out of this? Or better:
Don't do reformatting at all...

Thanks,

Volker