Provision

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Tue Feb 10 11:19:45 MST 2009

On 02/10/2009 08:08 PM, Евгений Степанищев wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Please help me. For what the utility "provision" uses the admin
> password? What operations with its to do with the password?
The provision commands populate some tables so that your samba can
operate, the password option helps you to define the administrator
password for your server.
If your server operate as standalone server, you will need this password
to access shares as an administrator or you will need it to add users to
your server.
If you operate your server as a domain controler this password is for
the domain administrator.

I guess the interest of this parameter is quite obvious !

Cheers.
Matthieu