[SAMBA4] net commands hierarchy?

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Thu Dec 31 19:16:01 MST 2009

On Thursday 31 December 2009 16:40:34 Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> It might be useful to add subcommands in net to avoid the top-level
> command list from becoming too long and making it hard to find things,
> similar to what samba 3 and windows have.

Right. Can we get our act together and try to unify the commands (or at least
have the s4 commands not conflict with commands that exist in s3)? Otherwise
merging the net binaries further down the road is going to be a nightmare.

Someone will have to go and write/extend blackbox tests for both commands to
check for the expected behaviour. Any volunteers here?

Cheers and happy new year,
Kai
--
Kai Blin