[Samba] [Announce] Samba 3.5.0pre2 Available for Download

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Dec 15 12:11:36 MST 2009

Quoting Karolin Seeger (kseeger at samba.org):
> Release Announcements
> =====================
>
> This is the second preview release of Samba 3.5.  This is *not*

Please notice that, contrary to what we generally did up to now,
Debian maintainers have not been able to build a package for pre1
before pre2 went out...

This is mostly because we apparently can't build with the packaged
talloc libraries (Debian currently has 2.0.0 while 3.5.0pre version
apprently need 2.0.1).

Hopefully, that will be solved for pre2 if Jelmer manages to package
talloc 2.0.1.

Of course, as long as 3.5 is a prerelease, we will upload it to Debian
experimental and 3.4.* series will remain the ones targeted for Debian squeeeze.