Samba4 Alpha 10

Torsten Kurbad samba-technical at tk-webart.de
Thu Dec 10 03:44:57 MST 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:10:42 +0200, Sassy Natan <sassyn at gmail.com>
wrote:
>Which version of libtalloc u using?

2.0.0

>is this compile ok when using:
>
>                --enable-external-libtdb=yes \
>                --enable-external-libtalloc=no \
>                --enable-external-libtevent=yes \
>                --enable-external-libldb=no \

I'm not trying to compile 4.0.0-alpha10, but 3.4.3 with
--enable-merged-build. I asked you about the errors you encountered to
determine, whether the problem with 'talloc_free' I mentioned in Bug
#6953 has eventually been fixed by other means than the one proposed
in Bug #6952.

The goal is to create working merged build packages (aka ebuilds) for
Gentoo-Linux.

But if I set --enable-external-libtalloc=no (or, in --merged-build
terms: --with-talloc) there, I'm in violation with Gentoo policy to
always use external libraries, if they are available.

I also tried a merged build from the latest git v3-4-test checkout, but
then my external libraries are completely ignored. In fact, configure
finds e.g. libtalloc, but doesn't agree that 2.0.0 >= 1.1.3 and
reverts from --without-talloc to --with-talloc:

checking for talloc >= 1.3.0... no
Requested 'talloc >= $TALLOC_MIN_VERSION' but version of talloc is 2.0.0
You may find new versions of talloc at http://talloc.samba.org/

So, what am I missing here?

Best regards
Torsten
--
  We must believe in free will. We have no choice. -Isaac B. Singer