shadow_copy2 Enhancements

Ed Plese ed at edplese.com
Sun Dec 6 10:01:09 MST 2009

Volker,

Thanks for taking a look at the patch!  Attached are 3 patches with
the fixes below, plus a few other cleanups, particularly in the
sorting patch.  Comments below.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 11:26:41PM -0600, Ed Plese wrote:
>> Attached is a patch for the shadow_copy2 module that adds flexibility
>> with regards to the naming of snapshots.  The patch is against 3.4.3
>> and a version against the git repository is in progress.
>
> Thanks, this looks very good.
>
> Some questions:
>
> Can you try to get it within 79 chars per line? I know not
> all of Samba follows this, but for new code we would like to
> follow README.Coding.

Done.

> Can you split that up into the 3 patches? Cosmetic, not
> really necessary, but we like small commits these days :-)

Done.

> For Samba coding convention, for memset(&x, 0, sizeof(x)) we
> have ZER_STRUCT.

Done.

> Then, do you really need to talloc_strdup the fmt?

Nope.  Good catch on this.  This was inadvertently left in after
removing variable substitution for the "format" parameter.  In the
past, # was used instead of % to prevent conflicts with variable
substitution in smb.conf, but I don't know that there's a real need
for it, so the substitution was removed.

Let me know if there are any other changes that need to be made.

Thanks,

Ed Plese