RFCs, Debian and Samba build dependencies

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Dec 2 10:58:22 MST 2009

Quoting simo (idra at samba.org):

> > Are there any objections?
>
> +1

Well, if there are no other solutions without breaking builds or
functionality, feel free to go this way.

Actually, the consequence should be for us to repackage the source
tarball without the "offending" RFCs (I hope everybody noticed that
*I* am not offended by them....) and name this something like
"samba_3.4.4dfsg.orig.tar.gz in Debian (and, as a "minor" side effect,
Ubuntu, except if they want to fork that packaging). Hopefully, there
would not be any other consequence except that additional work...and
as we will very soon rebuild tarballs to use bzip2.

Hopefully, we will still be able to build packages from source without
these documents. If we can't, then we have a bigger problem.