Fedora DS Support

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Aug 26 17:32:38 MDT 2009

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> It is a very poor OS that does not support unix domain sockets - Samba4
> won't function on one without in any case.

Note that there are some security problems with LDAPI and SASL/EXTERNAL on
some platforms. I vaguely remember that Howard and Hallvard tried to track
this down on various OS platforms and OpenLDAP does not allow SASL/EXTERNAL on
these platforms anymore. Dig the openldap-devel mailing list.

There are some comments in section 5.1 in
http://tools.ietf.org/draft/draft-chu-ldap-ldapi/draft-chu-ldap-ldapi-00.txt

I guess it's ITS#4893 in OpenLDAP's ITS but it seems to be made invisible.

Maybe Howard could comment on that.

Ciao, Michael.