PATCH: revamped catia

Tim Prouty tprouty at samba.org
Wed Aug 26 17:39:48 MDT 2009

Volker (and any others that care about catia),

We have some customers using catia that require us to provide a more
configurable mapping than the default vfs_catia module provides.  This
patch-set contains our modifications against master.

The default behavior is a bit different, and a new VFS op has been
added, so I wanted to run it by the list before pushing it.  Since
it's not even built without a manual configure.in change, I'm guessing
it's not used very frequently so I'm hoping changing the default
behavior is OK.

The default behavior change is that mappings are no longer hard-coded,
but instead need to be configured per-share or global in smb.conf.
This allows the catia module to be loaded, but only active for
particular shares.

Additonally, since a catia mapping can map from a single byte
character to a multi-byte character, the directory enumeration code
needs to be able to handle allocated strings rather than the
statically sized ones in the dirent struct.  This was the motivation
for introducing the SMB_VFS_TRANSLATE_NAME call.

The third patch causes catia to be built by default.  I think this is
useful to avoid code rot.

-Tim